In a research article in PLOS Medicine, this research paper found differences in health service utilization and outcomes between FFS and MA patients in SNFs following hip fracture hospitalization.
The objective of this study was to examine differences in rehabilitation service use, length of stay, and outcomes for patients following hip fracture between FFS and MA enrollees.
MA beneficiaries vs FFS
- Spent five fewer days in SNFS
- 463 fewer minutes of rehab therapy for hip fractures
- Less hospital readmissions in 30 days
- Less likely to go into a SNF
- More likely to remain in their community after rehab
Read more in Modern Healthcare
Read the full research report from PLOS Medicine, a peer reviewed journal.