The 2019 assessment at $287 million is $3 million less than the 2018 assessment.
For the contracting year October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019 (CYE 2019), select AHCCCS-registered Arizona providers which meet agency established performance criteria will receive Differential Adjusted Payments (DAP).
AHCCCS will implement DAP rates for the following providers :
- Hospitals Subject to APR-DRG Reimbursement
- Other Hospitals and Inpatient Facilities
- Nursing Facilities
- Integrated Clinics
- Physicians, Physician Assistants, and Registered Nurse Practitioners
DAP rates for the following providers are deferred for consideration to October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020.
- Hospitals Subject to APR-DRG Reimbursement – relative to entering into a care coordination agreement
- Behavioral Health Outpatient Clinics
Responding to news that the 2019 assessment was $3 million less than 2018, Jim Haynes, senior VP and COO of the Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association said,
While this is a very small overall change, the actual assessment for each hospital may vary more dramatically since the assessment for 2019 will be based on 2016 hospital discharges, rather than the 2011 hospital discharges that were used in prior years. As they do every year, AHCCCS will monitor the assessment and change it if necessary based on the actual caseload compared to the forecasted caseload.
Read more from about the new DAP amounts go to AHCCCS